Lecturer in Engineering
Salary: £34,515 - £38,515 dependant on qualifications, plus extensive benefits
Located in Poole, BH14 0LS
Permanent - Full Time
Are you a skilled and experienced Engineer? Are you a Lecturer or have a desire to become one?
We’re looking for you!
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. The college has approximately 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. The Apprenticeships Training ranks in the top 30% of colleges, which is a fantastic achievement, as is the work done with over 2,000 business.
We are searching for an experienced and knowledgeable Lecturer in Engineering to join our team. You will be based in our North Road, Poole campus.
There are 700 learners within Engineering; this is a mix of both full time and apprentice learners. The Area employs 42 staff who are deployed across the curriculum which covers:
Engineering, Marine, Motor Vehicle, HE, HNC, Electronics, Construction and Built Environment
The main aspects of the role are:
• Delivery of the curriculum, using a variety of teaching methods
• Motivate and Inspire students
• Ensure students achieve their potential
• Assess progress and maintain records in order to agree clear and innovative learning plans.
• Work with colleagues as part of a team to continually develop the department
• Determining, designing and producing study material
• Planning course/study programme delivery
• Ensure that teaching is based on best practice and is of a high standard
• Provide academic and pastoral support to students and be point of contact for any issues
• Undertake appropriate training
• Responsible for the health and safety of self and others
Essential Experience / Qualifications:
• Engineering or equivalent level 3 Qualification
• High level of Mathematics and statistical processes relevant to engineering
• Minimum of 5 years industrial experience
• Competent in using various welding techniques
• Extensive knowledge of Principles of Engineering
Desirable Experience / Qualifications:
• Higher Degree
• TDLB Verifier award 034 or V1 Certificate in education or another recognised teaching qualification. TDLB Assessor award 032/33 or A1
You do not have to be a lecturer to apply for this role. What you must have is the ability to teach young minds and pass on your knowledge and expertise in a field that you love.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have any questions, please email our recruitment team at #removed# or call on 0121 713 8325.
Role: Lecturer In Engineering
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Apply for this job now.