Avenues is a community where people smile, laugh, grow and achieve great things, we know that well-supported people support people well, which makes them want to do their very best for the people we support, and achieve our vision.
If you are looking for your next social care role, or a change in career, long-term stability, career growth and a feel-good reward, then this is the role for you, and we would love to hear from you!
We welcome applications from everyone who wants to make a difference to people's lives, but especially from those with lived experience.
- Support Workers
- Virginia Water
- £21,010 per annum (pro rata)
- Full and part time - split shifts!
Must be able to do a split shift at least once a week (7am-10am, 3pm-8/9pm). Other shifts will be earlies, lates and sleep Ins.
Drivers with a manual driving licence is essential - must be willing to drive the mobility vehicles!
We are looking for Support Workers to work with us in Virginia Water. You will be working in a small team supporting 1 female and 4 males with learning disabilities, ADHD, autism and Down syndrome in a supported living environment. All of them like to be busy and to visit places of their interest. They take part in activities like rock-climbing, canoeing, football, swimming, singing/music groups, bowling, discos, social clubs and many, many more.
No two days are the same but your day might look like this!
- Supporting our people to be engaged in all day to day living activities, including making full use of their community and beyond.
- Supporting our people with social activities, and connecting with family and friends.
- Supporting the management of our people's finances.
- Keeping our people's home clean and fresh, and going shopping.
- Providing, and encouraging, personal care.
- And enjoying what you do!
Experience in social care is not essential, we provide a full range of accredited and award winning training programmes at no cost to yourself, including the Health and Social Care Diploma that will really support your career progression.
Benefits you can expect!
- Early Pay - ability to access your earnings more frequently if you wish.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts via Blue Light Card and The Bene£its website.
- Recommend a friend - earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
**T&Cs apply ***
As part of our commitment to the "Disability Confident Scheme", candidates who declare a disability, and meet the key criteria for this role, will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview stage.