Title: Administrative Assistant 3
Location: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory - Berkeley, Ca.
Contract Length: 1 month plus possible extension
Rate: $37.08/Hourly + Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Earth & Environmental Sciences Area (EESA) as part of EESA Operations (ESOP), assisting EESA in achieving open source compliance for scientific publications produced in whole or in part with funding by the U.S. Department of Energy. This position will be responsible for web-based data entry, data validation, and document formatting of EESA scientific publications, and, as needed, may be tasked with additional administrative services in support of ESOP.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
· Using a variety of publication data sources, input EESA publication data and documents into an internal web application.
· In conjunction and collaboration with the EESOP work lead, develop a process for retrieving scientific manuscripts from the web and for reformatting them to meet requirements specified by work lead.
· Communicate as needed with EESA authors of scientific publications to request missing data or information.
· Create process documentation to enable EESA administrative staff to replicate the work performed in this period.
· Carry out other general administrative tasks as directed by work lead and/or supervisor.
· High level of attention to detail with demonstrated abilities to independently operate with limited supervision.
· Demonstrates independent and sound problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to suggest and implement new ways of providing efficient and cost-effective support services.
· Strong skills in accessing, relating, inputting and maintaining databases with a demonstrated ability to synthesize and analyze reports
· Written and verbal communication skills and ability to independently compose standard correspondence and other administrative letters, email, etc.
· Demonstrate accurate and excellent proofreading, editing and grammar skills.
· Advanced computer experience with computer programs including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat; must be able to produce high-quality, error-free documents. Proficiency in email and the web environment. Experience with EndNote or other reference management software is desirable.
· Ability to learn quickly, be a critical thinker, ask questions or verify instructions.
· Ability to function independently as well as part of a team and take direction from work leads, supervisor, and EESA customers in general.
· Ability to respond quickly and maintain flexibility during periods of changing work priorities and tight time constraints, and to manage multiple deadlines.
Role: Administrative assistant
Apply for this job now.