We are seeking a Commercial Insurance Underwriter for our Brokerage Division to join our team! You will be responsible for expanding the company's book of business by placing various types of insurance policies with our insurance carrier partners. We are a wholesaler and program administrator supporting a national network of retail insurance brokers.
This role is designed to provide a profit-sharing bonus for qualified individuals.
- Present and negotiate insurance submissions to carrier partner underwriters for new and existing clients
- Develop and calculate suitable underwriting procedures based on risk categories
- Resolve client inquiries and complaints
- Expand business reach through networking with prospective insurers
- Comply with insurance standards and regulations
- Track and identify areas of workflow improvement
- Previous experience in insurance, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Valid property and casualty insurance license or willingness to obtain one.
- Bachelors Degree
Complimentary Metro-North station employee shuttle to office provided. On-premises employee parking included.
Role: Insurance Underwriter- Property and Casualty
Apply for this job now.