Company: EHRA ENGINEERING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Senior Project Manager in Land Services will be directly responsible for executing and coordinating engineering for single-family residential development projects and Municipal Utility Districts that include paving, grading, drainage, water distribution lines, wastewater collection lines, and other related items. Candidate will act as point of contact for clients and may serve as District Engineer for multiple MUDs or Districts. Typically has an extensive mastery of job knowledge to the principles, theories and practices of related specialties; expand knowledge of best practices and incorporate into all work assignments and procedures; evaluate and enhance current practices and efforts to ensure optimal support of diversity; oversee leadership of teams and projects that involve extensive cooperation and coordination between multiple departments across the company or with external customers; prepare written and/or verbal presentations or proposals on highly complex issues and deliver to a broad variety of audiences; identify and implement innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and/or operational issues which may involve unusual circumstances and incomplete or conflicting data; ensure safe practices and environmental awareness are exhibited in decisions; work independently on highly complex or strategic assignments.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and directs multiple engineering projects with unique challenges.
- Supervises Land Services team members.
- Develops relationships and oversees the feasibilities of new tracts of land to facilitate future projects for the firm.
- Helps Practice Area Leader increase quality, efficiencies, communication and leadership within the Practice Area to deliver the best solutions.
- Organizes work on project and sets procedures in accomplishing project.
- Develops and monitors project design schedule to meet client and firm objectives.
- Develops and monitors client's budget and schedule.
- Develops and monitors team's budget and schedule
- Develop and teach team members in their area of practice on a daily basis.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, new regulations and changing market conditions that can impact the services provided and the need of the clients.
- Manage a team of engineers, designers and/or CAD technicians.
- Counsel, monitor and mentor the professional development of engineers-in-training CAD technicians and designers.
- Analyze and evaluate products for universal company use; develop, recommend and document area specific company design standards for use by all professionals working on Company design projects.
- Counsel, monitor and mentor the professional development of less experienced engineers and designers; directly oversee the professional design work of engineers, EIT's and designers.
- Serve on committees as requested.
- Plan and direct research projects that have substantial impact that extends knowledge and understanding; plan, organize, and supervise the work of staff engineers and technicians.
- Coordinate activities between disciplines involving exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation and development of novel concepts and approaches.
- Devise plan and lead work on extremely complex problems that impacts current services or addresses broad issues.
- Maintain liaison with individuals and units within and outside project, with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to own field.
- Propose and lead new initiatives; guide programs of national significance; identify future problems, trends and opportunities in civil engineering.
- Direct and/or participate in major proposal preparation and presentation.
- May develop and prepare materials for and teach workshops and short courses; supervise the educational program development and delivery of other engineers.
- Perform all required project design functions in registered discipline.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Position requires strong communication with support team, clients and governmental agencies.
- The candidate will be working in a team-based environment focused on the timely delivery of quality projects; and be involved in marketing, project reporting, forecasting and client invoicing.
- Must have strong computer skills and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful and thorough about detail in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the construction areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection, etc.
Education, certification and experience:
- Candidate must be licensed as a Texas P.E., BSCE, with 9-15 years experience.
- Land development project management and MUD related experience is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely a sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate project plans both orally and in writing.
- The employee is occasionally required to move about the office to operate office productivity machinery or maneuver through a construction site safely.
- May require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands and may change at any time with or without notice.
Note: Unsolicited third-party resumes will not be considered for this role. Further, they will become property of EHRA.