Company: PARADIGM PRECISION A DPG COMPANY
Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate resistance welding techniques and operating various resistance welding equipment.
Under general supervision:
- Operate resistance welding equipment to fabricate and assemble materials based on job specifications. Welding processes include, but not limited to, Tig, Plasma, Fusion, Resistance, Auto, Electron-beam, and Stud.
- Set up resistance welding equipment based on job specifications
- Maintain welding equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
- Check welds visually and dimensionally with precision measuring instruments for conformance to blueprints and specifications
- Responsible for the manufacture and maintenance of component parts and fixtures as required
- Consistently maintain specific tolerances and accurately perform dimensions
- Check parts using specified gages or check parts using furnished fixtures to see that dimensions are being maintained.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Follow all applicable safety rules and precautions.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Adheres to all Core Values (Health and Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Development of People, Integrity, Corporate Citizenship, Continuous Improvement, Respect).
Adheres to all Core Competencies (Communication, Teamwork, Achieving Results, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Judgement).
- 3 years relevant experience working with a variety of metals, including exotic metals
- Trade qualified with recognized apprenticeship
- Able to read, write, and speak in standard English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Have working knowledge of shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Professional welding certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years welding experience