Company: NATIONAL HEALTH TRANSPORT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
PLUS $3000 SIGN ON BONUS
PLUS $1000 TO A REFERRING NHT EMPLOYEE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness/injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of license or certification and in accordance with approved protocols prior to and during transport.
- Provides careful handling of the patient to and from the ambulance.
- Provides safe and efficient transport of the patient in the ambulance to the medical facility.
- Provides a safe and efficient transfer of patient and patient care information to the receiving personnel at the destination.
- Documents all aspects of patient condition and treatment on EMS run reports. Obtains and records non-medical patient information as required. Completes other patient documentation and forms as required.
- Conducts regular unit inventory and equipment testing to ensure all equipment for which the EMT-Basic is responsible is present, clean and in proper working order.
- Upon completion of transport, responsible for all assigned duties which will place the ambulance and equipment back in service.
- Responsible for full knowledge of the ambulance's basic life support equipment and its proper use at all times.
- Documents and reports all needed repairs to the proper maintenance departments (electronic or mechanical) as well as to supervisors and other ambulance personnel as required.
- In both the emergency and non-emergency setting, operates / drives the ambulance in a safe and efficient manner, following company driving guidelines, so the safety or condition of the occupants are not compromised.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or general educations degree (GED)
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and in writing
- Ability to pass physical evaluation, including lifting 125 lbs.
Licenses and Certifications (must be valid, current and/or in good standing)
- Paramedic Coursework
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- ProCPR Certification or CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Providers (American Red Cross or AHA)
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) Certified
Note: This description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the team member(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive or specific to any individual team member.
No Third Party Agencies or Submissions Will Be Accepted.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. DFWP
Opportunities posted here do not create any implied or express employment contract between you and our company / our clients and can be changed at our discretion and / or the discretion of our clients. Any and all information may change without notice. We reserve the right to solely determine applicant suitability. By your submission you agree to all terms herein.
Powered by JazzHR