MBDA are looking for an experienced person to implement, manage and lead a “Centre of Competence” for their flagship “MatriX ALM” solution for collaborative engineering.
ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) is one part of the MatriX toolset, which is live in the main MBDA National Companies: France, Germany, Italy and UK.
It is based around the Engineering Lifecycle Management tools in the Jazz Team Services (JTS) framework from IBM.
The MatriX toolset provides a common engineering working environment, which enables improved access to information and collaboration across functional and national boundaries - supporting our model based design approach. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent industry and engineering knowledge, with a background in Systems Engineering, Software Development or Information Systems.
- Proven managerial and leadership skills.
A good technical capability to analyse and define solutions and processes would be crucial.
- Experienced in configuration of application tool sets within a server and desktop “high security” environment.
Experience of IBM JTS/RTC and the related Engineering Lifecycle tools preferred.
- Follow internal and external standards, including business and Information Management defined practice; security requirements and recommendation; and industry good practice.
- You must have the ability to coordinate internal and sub-contract activities internationally with experience in working across team and functional boundaries.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills are important with a determination and desire to succeed in order to influence across the company.
- The MBDA international business language is English.
Multi-lingual skills are an advantage.
What we can offer!
- You will lead and mentor a key team within Information Systems as well as coordinating the wider Information Management engagement within the scope of the role, influencing managers and other teams across the international company and establishing yourself as a key enabler of Information Systems within MBDA.
- Contribute to the strategy and strategic direction of the MatriX ALM toolset and demonstrate that the tool set can be expanded and integrated to cover all the needs, recommending and building the business case as appropriate.
This will involve travel to various MBDA locations.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities. The Role
Here's what's great about our team
- This international role is based around the Engineering Lifecycle Management tools from IBM, formerly known as Collaboration Lifecycle Management tools in the Jazz Team Services (JTS) framework.
These include: Rational Team Concert (RTC); Doors Next Generation (DNG); Rational Quality Manager (RQM).
- With the Group Head of IS Engineering, you build the ALM Centre of Competence (CoC) setting up true international working for consultation, upgrades, 2nd&3rd line support, looking to exploit new possibilities that the International WAN and security allows and working closely with the business capability teams.
You will own Information Management function’s relationship with IBM and IBM partners with which we work.
- A key responsibility is collaborting with teams to help plan the future roadmap for the tools including further integration into MatriX ALM of other IBM applications including Rhapsody.
Also the continued development of the connection to the MatriX Space collaboration and meta-data search environment; and wider integration with the MatriX Product Lifecycle Management tool (PLM).
The role will be instrumental in the elicitation of requirements from a wide spectrum of business and engineering functions, distinguishing strategic needs vs.
operational needs vs.
Then, using the ALM CoC team, national resources and suppliers to create the design specifications; installation and deployment approaches; validation and testing strategies; and lead the tasks and projects to a successful conclusion.
- MatriX ALM is installed in multiple “hubs” in each national company with some segregated installation.
The ALM CoC will be responsible for the group wide strategy and coordination for all installations as well as specific support coordination of the main company-wide instances.
- A member of the leadership team, we offer the opportunity to contribute to wider activities and projects from time to time.
You will be joining at the beginning of a new phase as we plan the full exploitation of the MatriX ALM solution and future plans.
Our team has a diverse range of skills that provides an excellent platform for collaboration and knowledge transfer.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriat