Heartland Payment Systems, Inc.
Job Title: Territory Manager
Reports To: Division Manager
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), the fifth largest payments processor in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, school solutions, marketing solutions, end-to-end encryption technology, campus solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 250,000 business and education locations nationwide.
Responsible for assisting in the development of Relationship Managers by providing hands-on field sales, mentoring and sales process training, in addition to sharing expert product and industry knowledge. Generates on-going sales of new and existing customers and provides a localized manager presence in select areas as determined.
- Receive direction and provide all required reporting to Division Manager
- Conduct reliable field training for Relationship Managers within their first 90 days of employment or as otherwise assigned
- Work in developing and mentoring Relationship Managers in an effort to support and achieve Division performance goals
Prospect and close new merchant accounts consistently month after month.
- Market additional HPS products and services as they are introduced under company guidelines
- Learn and understand all hardware, software and reporting offered by Heartland, and effectively communicate this information to prospects, clients and reinforce with Relationship Managers
- Provide consistent reinforcement of HPS selling system and demonstrate to Relationship Managers expertise and knowledge of HPS programs (E-HPS, Exchange, etc)
- Assist the Division Manager with the recruitment process as directed
- Serve as local sales manager of designated areas within division requiring specific sales support as identified by the Division Manager
- Work is primarily performed through a combination of working in the field directly with Relationship Managers and directly selling in the field.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 to 4 years outside sales experience. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in outside B2B sales plus at least two years of related sales training or equivalent work experience.
Skills/Aptitudes: Proven track record in consistent sales goal attainment in business equipment/payment systems environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland SecureTM and its comprehensive breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.
Role: Territory Manager - Outside Sales
Apply for this job now.