- Lead and/or participate in project teams related to Lean, quality, safety or other plant/production initiatives.
- Lead safety initiatives and continually assess how to improve safety in the plant.
- Resolve basic employee relation issues and understand how and when to escalate.
- Train associates on how to properly perform all tasks and delegate work as appropriate.
- Update boards and delegate related tasks.
- Generate shift reports, analyze data and present summaries/findings as needed. Lead pre-shift, safety and quality meetings.
- Troubleshoot the lines for problems and implement corrective actions.
- Fill in for Team Manager and perform Team Manager tasks when required.
- Ensure shop floor is clean and organized at all times.
- Continually assess and recommend corrective actions that will improve processes.
- Actively initiate and execute on process/procedure changes and daily tasks.
- Proactively interact with other teams and departments to get issues resolved.
- Coordinate for changeovers and quality issues.
- Fill in for operators by running machinery and making minor repairs.
- Verify quality checks to ensure that all quality standards are met.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous lead and/or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Previous maintenance experience for maintenance leads.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently execute on required tasks/expectations and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated process improvement thinking required - think through and solve problems, generate new and creative solutions and articulate improvement ideas.
- Experience participating in process improvement events (Lean) highly desired. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point and Outlook required.
- Experience with SAP or another ERP system highly preferred.
- Experience preparing/delivering presentations and leading meetings required. Excellent math skills/mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent team building and human relations skills.
Workforce Staffing Service
2850 S. Redwood Rd Suite A8
West Valley, UT 84119
Role: Lead Person
Location: Salt Lake,
Apply for this job now.