ARServices is seeking a full-time, highly motivated, and experienced Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for supporting all the relevant accounting functions for the company. Primary area of responsibility will be in the area of Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and support to Payroll. Additionally, Staff Accountant should be knowledgeable of accounts receivable including billing, accounts payable, general ledger preparations, and bank reconciliations, preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing; year-end audit preparation and support of budget and forecast activities. The position requires knowledge of contract set up and maintenance, generating electronic and manual invoices and the use of the government's invoicing systems (i.e. WAWF, IPP, etc.).
Accounts Receivable, including monthly billing and invoicing for payments; time sheet corrections pertaining to billing, producing statement of accounts; collections on overdue accounts and account reconciliation when required; monitoring government invoicing systems, for payments and recording receipts into accounting system. Accounts Payable including reconciling and vouchering vendor invoices, company credit card reconciliations and communication for obtaining supporting documentation; Experience billing in DoD system (WAWF) is desirable.
Other responsibilities will include:
- General Ledger entry functions in DELTEK Costpoint
- In collaboration with the Payroll Administrator, acts as liaison with all internal and external partners in the resolution of payroll problems/errors
- Learns to process payroll and fills-in for the Payroll Administrator
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and any AP issues, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee-expense reports, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance. Oversee filing of tax forms to include 1099s
- Responsible for the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including monthly billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management
- Ensure all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries; ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close using DELTEK Costpoint accounting system
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; follows up on any unusual items and prepares related journal entries
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum five (5) years general corporate accounting experience in a government contracting environment is required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Ability to multitask effectively, efficiently perform duties and meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- MUST be highly organized, efficient and highly motivated
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks in accordance with ethical and compliance standards
- Ability to decipher awards as it translates to billing requirements, and to set up parameters in DELTEK Costpoint which accurately reflect invoicing requirements, is mandatory
- Close interaction and involvement with project managers and employees for direct cost invoicing, Independent Consultant tracking and expense recording
- Strong technical and analytical skills, effective decision-making capability and the ability to build and sustain productive relationships with upper management, staff and peers
- Experience utilizing DELTEK Costpoint is a must
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize all accounting issues and the ability to respond within 24 hours
- Must learn to process payroll and supplement the Payroll Administrator
- Strong Math and Analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook, WORD)
- Well organized, disciplined approach to completion of tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization.
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional standing or walking. Ability to access files, supplies and equipment. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. Requires dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects. Must be physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
Work environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, chemicals etc. Subject to frequent interruptions. Overtime may be required to meet deadlines. Work is primarily performed in an office environment with infrequent travel.
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Powered by JazzHR