Transport Route Planner
A superb opportunity has arisen to join our client, a dynamic freight forwarding company in Wednesbury.
Fantastic career prospects await the right candidate and our client is open to the level at which they recruit, with a good salary (negotiable) based on experience.
- Experience of planning artic & rigid vehicles across the UK
- Compliance & tachograph knowledge essential
- Experience of pallet networks
- Previous experience within a fast paced transport planning position
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and a flexible approach
- Competent decision making
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- CPC desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning vehicles for multi drop deliveries & collections across the UK
- Allocating same day collections as the orders are processed
- Monitoring driver performance
- Debriefing drivers at the end of shift
- Keep all customers / customs department informed of all failed services or significant delays
- Supervising and managing driver workloads
- Costing vehicle runs on a daily basis
- Ensuring all drivers & vehicles are legally compliant
- Dealing with sub-contractors when required to cover collections / deliveries
If you have the relevant experience and would be interested in discussing further, please apply ASAP in confidence.
Acapella Recruitment is working as a full recruitment agency for our client.