Manager In Training (Customer Service) @ Foss Swim School®
Foss Swim School is a talented and energetic group of professionals devoted to providing a safe and energy-filled environment that will inspire a lifelong love for swimming. Since 1993, co-owners, Jon and Susan Foss, and their collection of outstanding staff have redefined the “swim lesson” experience for thousands of Minnesota and Illinois children by providing a unique, creative, animated, challenging and remarkably “FOSS” style of teaching.
Our reputation for solid technique, well-trained instructors, creative curriculum and the delivery of predictable quality has produced tens of thousands of successful swimmers since 1993. Our vision is to be the world’s best swimming program for every student!
We will be hiring the BEST of the BEST: energetic, fun and enthusiastic professionals to be part of the FOSS family.
Our Foss Swim School team will value the following:
At Foss, we like people. We actually do! Specifically, we love kids! We always find something to like about every family, team member, and swimmer we serve. If problems arise, we focus on fixing the problems, not blaming the people. To fit in, you must commit yourself to enrich people’s lives first and foremost! We’ll teach you some great ways to do so.
We take full responsibility for everything we can possibly control: our swimmers’ progress, our timeliness, our attitudes, our completion of training, the way we perceive others, the way we are perceived by others, and everything else! The stuff we can’t control? We own that too! We don’t do excuses here. We don’t let external factors dictate our attitudes and behaviors. There is ALWAYS something we can do to improve. To fit in, you must own every aspect of your performance, results, and behavior! Foss will do the same.
We hustle. We always press on towards our goals. We limit distractions. We HATE “down-time”! When you walk through our doors, there is ONLY “up-time”! We’re not just physically present, but fully engaged, moving quickly, working wholeheartedly, and of course, laughing along the way! There is no distinction between work and play because, at Foss, work IS play and play IS work! To fit in, you must be driven to play constantly, and play hard! We’ll join you!
Are you a Foss Manager?
We're seeking an experienced, high-energy professional to help build our team. Top candidates will Like People, Own Their Work, and Play Hard.
- Quarterly performance bonuses
- Free lessons for you and your dependents
- Generous 401K plan (up to 4% company match)
- Health and dental insurance (70% of single premiums paid by Foss).
- Advancement opportunities in a growing, thriving company
- Supportive team environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Report directly to FOSS Site Director.
- Train, schedule and supervise PT staff.
- Master the Foss program and methods, and exceed company expectations and standards to teach above average Foss swimming lessons.
- Maintain accurate records of lessons, schedules, and statistics.
- Train and develop PT Instructors into competent swimming professionals
- Check and log the water chemistry and pool temperature in regular intervals throughout the day, as required by Foss Swim School policy.
- Enforce pool safety rules with zero tolerance while being fair, consistent and with courteous to all Foss swimmers, families and staff.
- Build lasting connections with Foss swimmers, families and staff.
- Lead by example.
- Assist with other assignments as required by Foss Site Director.
- Organizational strengths including planning, prioritizing and follow-through.
- Minimum of a two-year college degree. A concentration in hospitality, management, athletic administration, or business is a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a position in the customer services industry.
- Must be dependable, use good judgment, and be responsible for working without direct supervision.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends).
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, management, leadership, organizational, programming, and practical aquatic skills.
- Must be capable of professional personal interaction and conflict resolution with Foss swimmers, families and staff.
- Ability to train out of our Lakeview, Elmwood Park, South Barrington, or Highland Park locations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,000.00 to $36,000.00 /year
Role: Manager in Training
Apply for this job now.