Are you a teaching assistant looking for a new role?
Have you got experience with Challenging Behaviour?
Are you available full time?
Teaching Personnel are currently working with the biggest Alternative Provision in the East Midlands on a new exciting opportunity.
The alternative provision based in Nottingham are looking for Responsible Teaching Assistants to support them this academic year.
The provision has sites all across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, however are particularly looking to employ teaching assistants in the Ilkeston and Derbyshire areas.
About the Provision:
The Provision offers support to students who are not able to attend a mainstream school due to a variety of reason (including, exclusion, anxiety, SEMH, challenging behaviour or SEN needs, ASC, ADHD and MLD). The provision supports students from 5 to 18 years of age, and offers them a variety of vocational and academic education, so they can thrive in their education and achieve their own personal goals. The provision offers a variety of groups work and 1:1 support, as a teaching assistant you will be working with the students on a 1:1 basis.
About your role:
- Working one-to-one with two students per day (morning and afternoon)
- Drive students between home and the learning locations
- As part of this role you will be expected to travel between sites and also transport students - however the AP will fund your mileage
- Your role will be to follow schemes of work and plan/adapt your resources (although some resources will be available and you will have the direct support of a line manager)
- Available 9am to 3pm
- between £60 to £70 day rate
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience supporting students from age 5 to 18, and confident in lesson/activity planning
- Full Driving License
- Teaching Assistant Experience/Qualification or a Degree related to Education ideally
- Previous experience in an education, youth or residential setting
- Additional CPD such as Autism Awareness, Team Teach or Safeguarding (desired but not essential)
- A nurturing and calming attitude
- Knowledge of Makaton, PECS or BSL (Desirable but NOT essential)
For more information, please apply or email your CV to #removed#