This position is responsible for performing individual and group therapy sessions with clients. The ability to utilize various therapeutic modalities in line with the clinical program is essential. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Perform individual and/or group therapy sessions with clients utilizing various modalities in line with clinical treatment program.
• Chart and document clients progress into EMR software; reflecting each resident’s demonstration of participation, presenting manifestations, and plan of action.
• Perform individual check-ins with each client, and document accordingly into EMR software.
• Perform supportive therapeutic activities on and off site.
• Document, assess and provide crisis interventions as needed.
• Perform clerical duties such as answer phones, make copies, scan documents, filing, etc.
• Perform Intake Assessments when needed.
• Provide case management and referrals as needed.
• Complete drug and alcohol assessment and develop individualized treatment plan in collaboration with the client.
• Monitor residents as needed.
• Attend clinical supervision.
• Comply with HIPPA and other mandates regarding client care and confidentiality.
• Special Projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
• Three or more years of verifiable experience in residential/outpatient substance abuse treatment.
• Bachelors Degree.
• Licensed with State licensing body.
• Valid Drivers License.
• Previous experience in a recovery related field preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of substance abuse related issues and the recovery process.
• Knowledge of the recovery field including the recovery practices and the 12-step process.
• Ability to maintain ethical and professional boundaries with clients and staff members.
• Knowledge of the process and signs of acute withdrawal from substances.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• CPR certification
Role: Licensed Addiction Therapist
Apply for this job now.