Deep Sea Import Operator - West Yorkshire - VR/22191
Our client, a leading logistics company offering haulage and warehousing services, is looking for an experienced Deep Sea Import Operator to join their team in West Yorkshire.
The purpose of this role is to handle the day-to-day operational duties and provide efficient and high quality customer service.
Deep Sea Import Operator duties include:
- Operate start to finish Import procedures
- Liaising with overseas agents, hauliers
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Customs Clearance using CHIEF
- Process daily quotations and ensure all enquiries from customers and overseas agents are responded to in an efficient manner
- Charging files
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
Skills & Experience required from Deep Sea Import Operator:
- Experience of customs clearance is essential
- Computer conversant in basic applications and customs procedures
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible, hands on approach
- Effective communicator with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and work under pressure
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm.
The successful Deep Sea Import Operator will receive a salary in the region of £25k - £30k, according to skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to #removed# Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit's mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.