We have an opening for a talented part time teacher to join a successful team of specialist science staff in an exciting and vibrant department. We are ideally seeking a teacher who is able to start at Easter, however, we would be flexible for a suitable candidate who is able to start sooner or an 'Outstanding' candidate who would require a start in september. The post would suit a science teacher who is passionate about their subject and has a track-record of motivating students to question and inquire.
We have exceptional science facilities and embrace the use of technology and innovation in all that we do. We deliver Sciences up to KS4 level and a specialism in chemistry would be preferred. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fun, forward-thinking School which is committed to academic excellence; continual development of staff; and innovative teaching and learning strategies. This is within the context of outstanding pastoral care and co-curricular provision to ensure the best possible holistic pupil experience.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
A comprehensive programme of support and training will be made available to the successful applicant. Any NQT appointed will be supported with a reduced timetable, a mentor and a strong commitment to his/her professional development.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for this role then make your application today by clicking the apply now links. If you would like more information, or if you would be interested in hearing about other roles available, please get in touch with Rob at Teaching Personnel Preston Secondary Team.