Coordinates the front office activities of the hotel and provides support to the General Manager by performing the following duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs functions of Guest Service Agent as scheduled by Management
- Provides training, including safety training, to front office staff as directed by Management
- Assists in the selection of Guest Service Agents
- Assists in scheduling front desk personnel within budget guidelines to assure adequate staffing
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card payments, registration cards, and reservation cards
- Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed
- Assigns duties to Guest Service Agents and observes performance to ensure adherence to franchise standards, hotel policies, and established operating procedures
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
- Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence
- Assists General Manager in conducting staff meetings
- All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses
- reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Managing People - Makes self available to staff; Continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Safety & Security - Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing Software, Spreadsheet software, and Internet Software.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Directly supervises or assists in the supervisory function of front desk staff consisting of 1-5 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-
weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.