Are you an experienced Senior Accountant? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Accountant to work at their location in Roanoke, VA. This is a 6-month assignment with the possibility of extending.
As a core member of the Accounting team, the Senior Accountant applies lease accounting principles to analyze financial information, record and reconcile transactions, and assist in the preparation of financial reports. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Provide analysis for Accounting management and business unit teams to determine financial liabilities and prepare appropriate accruals.
- Perform analytical reviews and interpretation of financial data and provides understandable explanations to non-financial business partners.
- Research and resolve the proper accounting treatment for transactions relevant to assigned areas of responsibility in accordance with GAAP and established Company policy.
- Prepare journal entries and assigned account reconciliations on a period basis according to established schedule. Follow up with appropriate individuals for any needed corrections and prepares journal entries accordingly.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, internal and external auditors, and SOX requirements.
- Assist in quarterly reviews/year-end audits with internal and external auditors.
- Understand daily activities of the department and aid when needed to ensure daily and period goals/deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PeopleSoft skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, conflict solving and negotiation skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to work in conjunction with other departments, vendors and internal and external customers.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Must be able to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both an oral and written manner to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to top management, external department heads, customers, clients and other employees.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Real estate or equipment lease experience is beneficial.
- CPA certification preferred.
Alliance of Professionals & Consultants, Inc. (APC), is an award-winning, ISO 9001:2015 certified business in operation since 1993. Its focus is finding & placing top IT, engineering, energy, and other highly skilled talent. Additionally, APC offers a full suite of contract labor-related business solutions for mid- to large-sized companies. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, the Native American-owned company has satellite offices throughout the US, with Professionals currently engaged on assignments in 38 US states and six countries abroad.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.
Role: Accountant - Leasing
Apply for this job now.