- Do you have experience supporting children with Special Educational Needs ?
- Have you supported speech and language in children with additional needs?
- Do you have experience using speech communication aids such as PECS or Makaton?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an SEN Teaching Assistant to join a lovely special needs school in Derbyshire to supporting children 1:1 and in small groups with their educational and personal development.
The lovely school is primarily focused on cognition and learning supporting pupils with a variety of additional needs including; Autism Spectrum Condition, Profound Multiple Learning difficulties and Specific Learning Disabilities.
The position will require a talented and committed Teaching Assistant who is flexible, enthusiastic and dedicated to supporting children with social, emotional and educational needs to join the team of highly skilled and enthusiastic staff . Using various communication aids to support the children throughout the day alongside the in-house Speech and Language therapist is going to be a big part of the role and so previous experience with this will be important!
Due to the nature of the children attending the school the role will require personal care and manual handling assistance to be carried out throughout the day, experience or a willingness to learn this will be a necessity.
All applicants must have a minimum of 6 months experience working with children with similar Special Educational Needs and Disabilities . You will need to feel confident within a classroom environment and be able and willing to take direction from a class teacher.
The role will include:
* Assisting the teacher with classroom preparation
* Assisting children with communication aids
* 1:1 work with students who require additional support
* Leading group work and activities
* Supporting with Personal Care and Manual Handling needs
As a Teaching Assistant through TeacherActive you will receive:
* Competitive rates of pay, negotiable dependent on experience
* Support from a dedicated team of consultants
* An excellent referral scheme *Terms and Conditions apply*
* Access to a range of unique positions in our schools
If believe you would be a great fit to work with and support the pupils in this lovely school, please contact Katie on 0115 824 1888 or email your CV to #removed#