Data Engineer - SQL Server, T-SQL, Tableau Desktop, BODS
3 month initial contract
100% UK Remote
£425 - £450 per day
Do you have complex data modelling experience using T-SQL when feeding in to Tableau Desktop? Do you have ETL/ELT experience using BODS?
Sentinel are working with a global manufacturing organisation, looking for a Data Engineer to join their European data team to build complex data models that will feed in to their Tableau Desktop dashboards. The Data Engineer will also assist with ongoing ETL development using BODS.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone that has a strong mix of the following skills and experience:
- Experience of building data models and data pipelines that feed in to Tableau Desktop
- Advanced T-SQL coding skills
- Advanced data modelling skills
- Extensive SQL Server experience
- ETL experience using BODS (other ETL tools are acceptable)
- A self starter who is comfortable working remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent requirements gathering and stakeholder management skills
As the Data Engineer you'll be responsible for:
- Working directly with the IT team and business partners to design and deliver usable and robust data models.
- Writing complex and high-performance T-SQL queries, creating views and creating stored procedures for ETL processing.
- Designing and developing ETL processes to clean and load data into a target data warehouse schema
- Building complex data models in SQL Server using T-SQL
- Creating unit tests and performing QA to ensure solutions are robust
- Working directly with business users to understand business problems, define requirements and deliver analytics solutions.
Tableau Data Engineer / Data Modeller / ETL Developer
Your application with Sentinel
Sentinel is an award-winning technology recruitment and consulting company with offices in the UK, Czech Republic, and Switzerland. We work with global brands, ambitious start-ups, and leading recruitment outsourcers, ensuring access to exceptional talent through permanent, contingent labour, and statement of work services.
Get in touch today for new opportunities, or guidance on sourcing strategies, salary and rate benchmarking.
We aspire to provide great service to all applicants. If we think you're right for the role, we'll be in touch as soon as possible. If not, we'll keep you updated with other opportunities in your field.
To apply for this role or more information, please apply with your up to date CV below or email #removed#