MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO PORTLAND, MAINE
We are seeking a Chef or Kitchen Manager for a new Carolina BBQ concept with a semi-open kitchen. Chef must have experience in a scratch kitchen and be comfortable using whole animals (150 lbs hogs). Should be able to operate all cooking equipment, including tilt skillet, pressure cooker, fryolater, range top, flat top, charbroiler, and planetary mixer. Ability to read and execute batch recipes, record temperatures. Should be conformable interacting with guests. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and dedicate time to expanding our clientele base to establish the restaurant's brand and reputation.
- 5 day workweek, 50-60 hours
- Oversee day-to-day culinary operations
- Coordinate food and kitchenware orders
- Check freshness and quality of ingredients
- Assist in the development of menu items
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- High school diploma; a college degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years KM or chef in scratch kitchen.
- Experience with wood fired cooking highly desirable.
- ServSafe© Certification a plus.
- 3 strong references within the past 3 years (previous manager and direct reports)
Strong Leader is the premier recruiter for the restaurant industry. We help transform businesses through leadership. Work with the best!
Role: Chef or KM / Scratch Kitchen / Carolina BBQ / RELOCATE to Portland, ME
Apply for this job now.