TEACHING ASSISTANT -- WEST/NORTH LONDON -- NOV 2020
Due to gaps in departments, there are upcoming vacancies for a Teaching Assistant to join a secondary school in Central and North London. We want to hear from you if you have experience working in a secondary school or similar position supporting young people, particularly if you have experience dealing with more challenging behaviour or with any specific special educational needs. This will involve supporting pupils on both a 1:1 and a group basis with interviews starting soon.
If you have experience working as a Teaching Assistant or have worked in a similar capacity, this is a great opportunity for you to work at a modern, and established school in London, where every day will be different, however some of the things you can expect to be doing are:
- Delivering pre planned sessions to pupils on a 1:1 and group basis , whether this is inside the classroom or around the school
- Ensuring all pupils are supported with their classwork and learning, assisting in the raising of attainment across the department
- Supporting pupils with any SEMH needs they may have as well as assisting the teacher in effectively dealing with any pupils who show signs of challenging behaviour and promoting the schools behaviour policy
- Work with the teacher and monitor pupils progress while planning development plans alongside the pupil to help them reach their potential
- Assist in extra curricular activities, whether this is after-school clubs, helping during exams, or going on school trips
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience working in a secondary school as a Teaching Assistant, however we would consider applications from candidates with experience in a similar capacity, supporting young people in a different environment. Due to the nature of the job you must also work well and constructively in a team and be able to relate well to both children and adults as well as possessing strong behaviour management skills.
To be considered for this position apply with a copy of your CV and a cover letter, alternatively call Max at the London Secondary branch of Teaching Personnel for further information on this position or any other Teaching Assistant jobs we have in your local area.
You can reach me on 0207 593 3077, or email at #removed#