Newcastle upon Tyne
£293.10 - £325 per week
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 2 in Childcare (or equivalent)
Fixed Term - September 2020 - July 2021
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a local primary school in the Newcastle upon Tyne area. This is a full -time primary support role, working across Year 1 - Year 6 which will commence in September 2020 until July 2021.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team, the Teaching Assistant (TA) will focus on delivering Literacy and Maths interventions to small group, supporting children with SEN and providing general classroom support for a mixed class.
This is a good school which has high standards and expects the best provision for the children under its care. It is led by a strong leadership team and has a deep links within the local community.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a primary environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups with varying levels of SEN.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Have experience in a primary environment.
• Ideally have experience delivering Reading and Writing interventions.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated primary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates wil