Ocean Health Initiatives, Inc. (OHI) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing quality, accessible and comprehensive primary health care to the residents of Ocean and Monmouth County; regardless of economic status.
Our Health Center Locations: Brick, Freehold, Lakewood, Little Egg Harbor, Manahawkin, Manchester and Toms River; with our school-based Wellness Programs located within the Clifton Ave Grade School, Lakewood; and Lakewood High School.
OHI services include family and internal medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, nutrition, OB/GYN women's health, dental, family planning, specialty care, pharmacies, PrEP, and a STI clinic.
Full-time hours are M-F 8:00am- 4:30pm with rotating evening/Saturday shifts (subject to seasonal changes and business/site needs)
Bilingual English and Spanish is Required
The pharmacy technician works under licensed pharmacists to prepare and dispense medications to patients of the health center in accordance to all local and federal laws governing practice of pharmacy. The pharmacy technician will also serve to provide exceptional customer service to all patients and staff members of the health center as well as perform the duties listed below.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background registration process within 6 months of hire with the Board of Pharmacy.
- Dispenses prescription drugs and other healthcare items to patients as directed by a licensed pharmacist.
- Will begin their day by getting the pharmacy ready for business. This includes turning on equipment such as computers, printers and scanners. They must also sterilize the counter tops, pill counting trays, and other medication measuring devices.
- Follows safety and security guidelines and related laws and regulations when handling, storing, and providing pharmacy records, and when filling prescriptions.
- Able to check the entire inventory every month for expired medications. Is able to process medications which are near expiring are shipped back Inmar Inc.
- Processes prescriptions from start to finish in the pharmacy filling software. Prepares medications by providing the pharmacist the labeled medication(s) with appropriate patient educational material for final verification.
- Greets patients, responds to patients' questions about medications by arranging for them to speak with the pharmacist.
- Gathers appropriate medication information such as allergies, insurance information from the patient chart in Athena in order to add new patients in the pharmacy patient database, and updating patient's language preference.
- Handles clerical duties, such as answering phones, and operating the cash register
- Acknowledges and rings up patient medication(s) at pickup in a timely manner.
- Answers phone calls from patients and staff in a timely manner.
- Verifies last name, DOB, and address of all patients prior to the sale of any medication.
- Maintains merchandise presentation in the Pharmacy by stocking and rotating merchandise on pharmacy shelves; removing damaged or expired medications from inventory and updating on hand counts in RXQ-Liberty
- Quickly and accurately stocks daily medication deliveries and accounts for any discrepancies by notifying the pharmacist on duty. Also fills all out of stock prescriptions from the prior business day in a timely fashion.
- When on duty with a pharmacist; will count registers down to $150 on a nightly basis and will perform the duties to complete the end of day process at the POS.
- When on duty with a pharmacist, will drop daily cash envelope with necessary paperwork in the designated safe.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Ensures work is done correctly, accurately, and timely in order to meet deadlines.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information -Effectively communicates to associates and customers in a respectful and professional manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards -Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands and feedback.
- Constantly strives to achieve excellence in day-to-day operations of respective department.
- Ensures compliance with Ocean Health Initiatives employee handbook.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings required by administration.
- Completes all mandatory in-services in a timely fashion.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates The Code.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Meets state requirements to work as a Pharmacy Technician, such as minimum age, registration, certification when required by the State Board of Pharmacy
- The above responsibilities represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- To perform these essential job functions, an employee must be able to meet certain physical and aptitude requirements as described below.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential functions, as required under the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") or other applicable state/local law.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401(k) + 5% match
Group Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Criminal Background Checks