Are you ready to do work that matters? Freedom Forever is literally changing the way the world will use energy in the future. Talented and motivated individuals with creativity and vision thrive in our fast paced, high energy environment. We are problem solvers, team players, and game changers! We are proud to say that our company just ranked #135 out of the TOP 500 fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. 5000!! With this wonderful growth that we're experiencing; it's now time welcome a new member to our Legal Department!! The chosen Jr. Associate Counsel will possess STELLAR negotiating and analysis skills, and have an "eagle eye" for identifying issues, legal disputes. They will also represent clients in legal proceedings, draw up legal documents and advise clients on legal transactions.
Freedom Forever has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Junior Associate Counsel position. Qualified candidates must have at least 1-3 years of general legal experience.
Under the supervision of the Sr. In-House Counsel, Litigation and Regulatory, the Junior Associate Attorney will provide a broad range of legal analysis, services, support and counsel, primarily in the areas of transactional matters, in addition to other general corporate and compliance matters. The Junior Associate Attorney will carry out complex legal assignments requiring substantive legal knowledge in diverse practice areas.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, legal research, independently develop, recommend and present defense strategies on behalf of Freedom Forever.
- Correspond with other parties' attorney to discuss cases and negotiate for the dismissal or resolution of cases at all stages in the litigation process.
- Review, prepare and negotiate leases, settlement agreements, third-party contracts and other commercial documents.
- Respond to Complaints, Discovery Requests, and file other Motions with the Court, as needed.
- Create and maintain contract database in Podio and monitor contract renewals
- Represent company in legal proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a J.D. License from ABA accredited law school; be a member in good standing of California State Bar
- 1-3 years of general legal experience; construction, corporate and employment law is a plus.
- Must have a valid CA Driver's License/Insurance and the ability to drive a vehicle to our branches.
- Must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, wearing multiple hats, flexible attitude and quick to react.
- Bilingual is a plus, however it is not required.
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills
- Must be able to communicate at a professional level with all levels of the company.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excels under pressure in demanding, fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Regularly work in on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Freedom Forever is a premier solar company based out of California. We currently have 6 Offices
**4 California Locations (Temecula, Los Angles, Dublin and South Fresno)
**1 Office in Las Vegas, Nevada
**1 Office in Mesa, Arizona
**1 Office in Denver, Colorado
We just ranked #135 out of the TOP 500 fastest growing companies by INC. 5000!!! We are experiencing SO much growth which is why this position is open. Come joins us. We do work that matters and makes a difference! Solar is changing, and it’s time for the industry to catch up. This is our pledge to be different.
Role: Junior Associate Counsel
Apply for this job now.