Site or Unit :
Maple Lodge Care Home (Sunderland)
Woolwich Road Witherwack Sunderland Tyne & Wear SR5 5SF
Contracted Weekly Hours : 24
Maple Lodge Care Home is a 46 bed Care Home offering general nursing care, including short term, respite and palliative care. The home can be found in the Witherwack suburb of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. At Maple Lodge, care is based around each person's individual needs. All of our
residents need 24 hour nursing assistance and enjoy living in a secure and caring environment. The property is well maintained and pleasant, with a large patio and decking area for residents to take in scenic views of the countryside. Situated close to a wide range of amentities, Maple lodge is within walking distance of shops, banks and restaurants, including churches of several denominations.
As the Chef you will lead the catering team to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, involving residents in preparing and developing menus.
So as a Chef what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Prepare all meals within the home, paying consideration to special dietary requirements and individual request.
- Develop a positive relationship with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team.
- Regularly seek feedback from residents and staff in order to continually improve the level of service we offer.
- Maintain a clean hazard free kitchen in order to minimise risks to residents and employees of the home.
- Promote high standards of catering by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and the kitchen operates in a smooth efficient manner.
- Ensure that the team's skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
In order to achieve this our Chef should have:
An excellent knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation, along with a positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to the residents in our care. Experience of supervising or leading a team is desirable.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.
Not ready to
Apply for this job now.