This position is responsible for the operation of tools and equipment in a variety of customer work sites for the purpose of providing industrial and/or environmental cleaning.
- Arrive at branch or jobsite on time, in uniform, properly groomed, mentally alert and physically able to work.
- Operate MPW vehicle (car or van).
- Set up jobsite including water blast hose, or vacuum hose.
- Use equipment such as, water blast gun, water lance, dry vacuum hose (6”and 8”), wet vacuum hose (6” and 8”), shovels and picks.
- Strictly adhere to MPW Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Cleans equipment prior to return to MPW branch location.
- Demonstrate initiative in execution of assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- This position may be called in at various hours and days of the week 24/7, due to the emergency response nature of the business.
- Several long and non-traditional hours are required as a regular part of this position.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialization in industrial or vocational trades preferred.
- Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
- Experience performing manual labor in an outside setting.
- 2-3 years of “hands on” experience with tools or heavy equipment.
MPW Industrial Services is the leading provider of integrated, technology-based industrial cleaning, facility management, water purification and container management services in North America.
MPW assists in enhancing operational efficiencies, improving reliability and minimizing costs. In-house engineers and fabrication technicians at our facility understand how important it is to have customized proprietary tooling and mobile operating systems, capable of accommodating unique industry requirements and demands. Our highly qualified and thoroughly trained personnel promptly respond to your needs, delivering services with the highest ethical standards and commitment to safety.
Role: Field Service Technician - Industrial Cleaning
Apply for this job now.