Instrument and Control Technician
Instrument and Control Technician will repair and maintain Instrument and Electrical equipment encompassing the plant 480 volt switch-gear installations, electrical and pneumatic system, PLC controllers and AC and DC drive controls.
Instrument and Control Technician Responsibilities:
- Interpret electrical schematics, blue prints and computer logic to trouble shoot production problems and resolve them.
- Perform process control, sensing and monitoring system calibrations and record keeping.
- Work with other team members, engineers and production personnel to complete job task, breakdowns or machine redesigns to improve/resolve production needs.
- Support, maintain and improve the plant MPI programs to maintain equipment reliability.
- Requisition replacement parts from plant inventory as well as obtain outside sources to replace, upgrade or implement new equipment designs.
Instrument and Control Technician Requirements:
- Two (2) year Associates Degree in a related Instrumentation, Electronics or Control field.
- Related work experience in reading loop sheets, electrical interconnect drawings, ladder logic drawings, equipment and process instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and knowledge of prevailing electrical codes.
- 4-8 years of experience in the field supporting a manufacturing environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to do modifications to PLC programs which include Allen Bradley, Modicon 984, Siemens Step 7, PCS 7 and TIA Portal.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair Servo systems, install programs on Windows, configure Microsoft Windows and troubleshoot and repair industrial control networks, including Modbus Plus, RS 232, Asi bus, Profibus, Profienet, Ether Net IP, Device Net and Modbus TCP.
- Ability to calibrate and configure Level transmitters, Flow transmitters, Temperature controllers, HMI screens, Scales, Pressure Transmitters, etc.
- Actively participate in plant safety meetings and procedures for lock-out, line breaking, safe work, and hot work. Insure all contractors adhere to BASF safety standards.
Every day at Hunter International, we connect clients with the best and brightest talent in their industry. We provide leading organizations nationwide with recruiting solutions that ensure an efficient and timely hiring process. In addition, we seek to understand job seekers’ skills and accomplishments, forging a career path that will enable them to reach their professional goals.
Hunter International Recruiting is certified as a women’s business enterprise through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. We recognize the commitment to supplier diversity that is embraced by corporations and government agencies today, and we can add diversity to your supply chain.
Follow us on Twitter: @hirecruiting
Like us on Facebook: Hunter International
Follow us on Instagram: @hunterinternational
Role: Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Apply for this job now.