Position Overview The Network Architect/Systems Engineer shall be competent in network systems architecture, design and implementation to include voice, security, storage and server hardware. This position requires providing network design and configuration services for all business functions to include during the sales process, pre-deployment configurations, support of active projects, provide Tier III end user support and ADS internal systems maintenance and support. Additional (secondary) requirements includes security systems configuration, setup and testing, internal IT help desk, communications accounts management, employee systems on-boarding/off-boarding.
- Develops and maintains company standards for network designs and deployments.
- Documents and maintains internal standards, procedures, help guides and configurations.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and assist in the development of project timelines for various projects.
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Analyze business requirements, develop technical network solutions and framework.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and budget planning. Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Install hardware as required to include cabling, rack-mounted hardware, and wireless access points. Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Develop, deploy and maintain VPN support program for internal, external (customer) and remote (cellular connected) systems.
- Investigating faults in internal and external (customer) networks.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to VP of Technology & Solutions.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Develop resource forecasting coordinating with operations.
- Stay abreast of state-of-the-art technology and physical security best practices.
- Augments professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes towards the team effort by accomplishing related results that are in accordance with corporate practices and policies.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field from a four-year college or university or an equivalent amount of education and experience
- Must have advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to quickly learn ADS’ internal software systems
- At least 3 years in a Network Engineer or Architect position - preferably in the security or A/V industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Possession of CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP CCAr, CPP or PSP is preferred
- Proficiency in Auto CAD and Visio is preferred
- Must have successful experience in working in a collaborative environment
- Experience in the design, implementation and configuration of security systems is a plus
Advanced Digital Solutions (ADS), founded in 2007, is an enterprise class security systems solution provider with offices in NC, GA, KY, LA and PA. ADS consults, designs, sells, implements and services technologically advanced security solutions in commercial, industrial, municipalities, education and oil & gas markets. ADS’ distinction in the market is our individualized approach to each solution providing for a detailed and specific scope for each security requirement facing organizations.
Role: Network Architect/Systems Engineer
Apply for this job now.