Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
The Controls Programming Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing logic for programmable controllers. They are responsible for maintaining current program designs and installing programs on new machines. Hardware design engineers design, test and sustain PLC control panels and system wiring. Develops software to control PLCs.
How you will do it
- Develop and maintain electronic hardware and software for PLCs (Allen Bradley preferred).
- Design of analog and digital interface circuits, development of power supply circuits and/or selection of power supplies.
- Perform worst case circuit analysis and incorporation of appropriate reliability principles to ensure reliable operation over the environmental specifications.
- Assist chiller team to develop, test and support chiller system controls. This includes selection of system components and proper interfacing of them to electronic control panel I/O.
- Obtain agency approvals such as UL, CE and FCC on Printed Circuit boards and Electronic Panels.
- Independently conduct and apply costing analysis to feasibility studies on proposed designs or modifications to existing designs.
- Develop schedules which accurately reflect the project milestones and adhere to them.
- Integrate new and modify existing processes to cover all phases of the electronic development process.
- Provide guidance to drafters and support Service and Manufacturing on Commercial Systems products.
- Prepares and participates in design reviews.
- Learns and applies regulatory codes such as UL, NEC, CSA, and CE codes.
- Proficient at collecting and analyzing test data to identify electrical performance problems and propose solutions for corrections.
- BSEE or BSCE, or related field; minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, schedule driven, team-oriented environment.
- Provides secondary level product support to the field after product technical support resources are exhausted for PLC applications.
- Experience with RSLogix and associated hardware Allen Bradley is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as required (up to 15% of time)
Powered by JazzHR