Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our client is a stable, 40 year old manufacturing firm located in the NW Suburbs of Chicago. The company has 500 employees and the position is open due to a promotion. The organization has 3 separate entities in the Chicago land area plus 2 locations in Indiana and a corporate Head Quarters located in Chicago. This role is perfect for the Accounting Manager or Plant Controller/ Cost Accounting Manager who would like a definitive growth path to Controller.
Why Work Here?
- Stable firm with a strong track record of accomplishments. 40 years in the business.
- Great benefits (company pays almost 85% of employee benefits)
- 3 weeks' vacation
- A path to Controller Position in a short time frame due to upcoming retirement.
- Multiple examples of various accounting people at the organization being promoted from within.
What you are accountable for:
- cost accounting and maintenance of bill of materials and routing, labor and overhead rates and maintaining standards
- full financial statement month end close
- Managing a team of degreed accountants and paraprofessionals (accounts payable clerks).
- Managing the information technology area with oversight on various projects (capital spend initiatives, prioritizing projects, system implementations).
- Budgeting and post close analysis activities.
We are seeking an Assistant Controller to have:
- Cost Accounting experience, internal financial reporting with month close background.
- A minimum of 7 years accounting and finance experience from a manufacturing firm and/ or plant level experience.
- One to two years managerial responsibility.
- Must have some sort of IT background/exposure such as ERP system implementation experience, overseeing / being involved with IT projects.
- CPA is a plus