Company: 5 STAR NUTRITION, LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Who We Are
5 Star Nutrition was founded as a single-specialty supplement store in 2010 and has grown to 55+ locations throughout the country, a robust online marketplace, and employs over 230 dedicated and diligent team members. 5 Star showcases several company-owned brands including NutraOne and Anabolic Warfare complemented by a variety of products we stand behind as best in class. We are dedicated to the ultimate customer service experience, superior nutritional education, and the highest quality supplements. Company culture is the centerpiece of our company and has been the fuel on the fire for our tremendous growth. We stand behind our products, support our customers' health and fitness, and most importantly we deliver results for our customers.
The successful 5 Star Nutrition retail store General Manager is responsible for the overall effective management of the store, store employees, merchandise, and customer service while promoting a sales culture to build productivity and passion for the brand. The GM will ensure that all internal and external customers receive exemplary service and receive a positive store/brand experience, per the requirements and expectations detailed below. The position is classified as salaried, exempt eligible for monthly store sales success bonuses.
- Meet monthly sales goals but strive to accomplish store stretch sales goals
- Continuously motivate Sales Associates to meet assigned sales and productivity goals
- Support the development of Sales Associates' sales techniques, ensuring utilization of elevated levels of sales and service to maximize sales
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise; ensure selling staff fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Collaborate with the District Manager & Director to identify marketing opportunities to support sales
- Works with the HQ Marketing team to develop events/incentives that will continue to grow the customer base, with particular emphasis on building a local market
- Coordinate and execute successful off-site product demonstrations with local business partners
- Utilize social media strategies under the direction and approval of HQ Marketing team
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
- Ensure staff maintains constant client communication through utilizing the CRM and personalized communication to customers with thank you cards and responses to social media
- Resolves all customer problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assists sales associates with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise.
- Empowers associates to make decisions in the customer's best interest that also support the Company's philosophy
- Ensure store maintenance, cleanliness, overall presentation and organization
- Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including: bank deposits & cash register funds
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
- Ensure customer order deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures
- Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
- Ensure staff is trained in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
- Understands and properly execute all management register functions
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication
- Build and maintain good communication with DM's, Directors, HQ team & and other stores
- Exhibit proficiency in computer programs used by the Company including: Word, Excel, Outlook, NetSuite POS & HR Applicant Tracking System
- Maintains all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Partner with logistics, product teams and supervisor to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual HQ Marketing direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to the corporate retail team in order to support the business goal
- Continually evaluates the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolves all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Ensures accuracy Sales Associate's timekeeping practices
- Ensures image and grooming standards of Sales Associates are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Supports and follows human resources policies and procedures
- Sales and Goal Oriented -- Must have the ability to maintain and communicate the company's commitment to goals, drive sales, and measure the team's performance.
- Developmental and Training Skills -- The ability to recognize and recruit talent, delegate responsibility, and work with staff and coach them to help them grow. Must be able to motivate staff and provide prompt and specific feedback.
- Performance Management Skills -- Must be able to take responsibility not only for own performance but for the output of the team by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly. Clarify expectations and provide resources and training needed to achieve goals.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of management experience within a nutrition supplement or similar industry retail store environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate's or College degree in a business-related field a definite plus
- Experience managing retail sales staffing and schedules
- Availability to work weekends, holidays and be on call to cover store operational needs as required
- Directly reports to the District Manager
- Indirectly reports to the Director & COO
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach and stoop
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 pounds
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies
5 Star Nutrition offers a competitive compensation & benefit package that includes: monthly success bonus, company sponsored health, dental & vision insurance; life and long-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefit programs, employee discounts & team social events.
This description represents the job in general terms and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee performing this job. 5 Star Nutrition USA LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full-time