YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE AT OUR COUNTY WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION.
PLEASE SEE COUNTY WEBSITE FOR DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION and BENEFITS INFORMATION. #removed#/job/
MUST BE LICENSED FOR THIS POSITION IN ONE OF THE BELOW LICENSE -
- Clinical Psychologist
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Social Worker
- Marriage Family and Child Counselor
Under general direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, plans, organizes, manages, evaluates and supervises the activities that ensure the quality of client care and over-all quality/effectiveness of major programs within the County Behavioral Health Department; assigns and evaluates the work of multidisciplinary professional and paraprofessional staff and other support personnel, may plan and provide a variety of direct client behavioral health services, performs a variety of administrative work functions associated with ensuring fiscally sound utilization of behavioral health services; serves a primary role in the completion of the departments Performance Improvement Projects; serves as the departments Compliance Officer; serves as a liaison for the department with contracted direct service providers, community, regional, or State agencies.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
(The following is used as a partial description and is not restrictive as to duties required.)
- Reviews client admission data and clinical documentation to ensure compliance with County and State regulations and policies relating to medical necessity and case documentation
- When appropriate, interviews clients, significant others, and consults with outpatient professional staff, and contract provider staff regarding client diagnoses, medical necessity, length of treatment and case documentation.
- Reviews case records and assesses for appropriate levels of care, aftercare and discharge planning.
- Represents the County in disputes with contract providers over appropriateness of treatment plans and length of stay in care.
- Advocates on behalf of the County with contract provider staff for appropriate client care.
- Provides training for professional, paraprofessional and contract provider staff on information about utilization and documentation requirements.
- Works in a primary staff role in fulfilling the responsibilities for the design, implementation and completion of the departments Performance Improvement Projects.
- Fulfills the responsibilities of the Compliance Officer as identified in the departments Compliance Plan.
- Assists in the preparation for and participates in various state and federal program audits to ensure department compliance with MediCal and Medicare regulations.
- Monitors and evaluates overall activities of assigned programs/functions, including contracted service providers/programs, methods and procedures for effectiveness and consistency with program goals and objectives, recommending and implementing upon Director approval changes in program, policies, and procedures as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
If you've been thinking about making a change we currently have employment opportunities for a Behavioral Health Quality Improvement Supervisor, Behavioral Health Assistant Director, and Mental Health Clinicians in San Benito County. We are a small Behavioral Health Department compared to many of our neighbor counties but we have made major changes to our mental health services delivery system through the Mental Health Services Act.
San Benito County can offer an unsurpassed quality of life, temperate year-round climate, remarkable variety of landscapes, and proximity to a myriad of recreational, educational and cultural opportunities of the San Francisco Bay Area. San Benito County is a wonderful place to work and call home.
San Benito County covers approximately 1,396 square miles ranging in elevation from near sea level to over 5,000 feet. Our County has a population of over 56,000, and is bordered to the north by Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties, by Merced and Fresno counties to the east, and by Monterey County on the west and south. Hollister, the county seat, is approximately 95 miles south of San Francisco, 45 miles inland from Monterey. Coastal recreation or urban lifestyle is within easy driving distance, yet one can still enjoy the environment of a small town lifestyle.
We want to attract skilled professionals to join our team of mental health staff. If you think you may be interested in this career opportunity, please consider applying.
To apply, please go to the County website and apply online at #
Role: Mental Health - Quality Improvement Supervisor
Apply for this job now.