Will read blueprints, fit and/or oversee fitting, expedite parts, weld and/or oversee welding. Take ownership of job to meet customer and schedule requirements.
- High School education or GED preferred. Four years of shop or field welding.
Pass basic plate weld test (visual and bend) within specified time requirements, in four out of the five weld processes used at Petersen Inc:
- S.M.A.W. - Stainless: 1G and 2G position (3G on mild steel)
- F.C.A.W. - Stainless and mild steel: 1G, and 2G position
- G.M.A.W. - Mild steel: 1G, 2G and 3G position
- G.T.A.W. - Stainless and aluminum: 1G, 2G, and 3G position
- S.A.W. - Sub arc: 1G position
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Be able to supervise a crew and complete a job from start to finish without direct supervision
- Expedite all parts throughout the plant as necessary to meet production goals
- Solve all obstacles related to the particular job he/she is running
- Take ownership for meeting customer and schedule requirements
- Be a living example of our principles of unity, trust, honesty, integrity, creativity, and self-reliance-
- Read blueprints, Pass Blue Print test:
- Read all weld symbols on a blue print
- Differentiate between channel, angle, flat bar, square tube, pipe etc
- Must know how to calculate Arc length and circumference
- Know how to calculate Bolt Circles, Chord Length, and Flat Pattern
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Able to listen well, understand concerns, and gain cooperation to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Must be efficient and productive with time
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance and safety record
- Maintain safe environment.
To apply please complete applications online at #removed#
Founded in 1961 and incorporated in Utah in 1980, Petersen Inc. has become one of the foremost manufacturing facilities in the United States, serving customers throughout the world. With large capabilities and tremendous capacity, Petersen Inc. effectively serves several different industry giants in various fields.
We design, manufacture and install quality products for industry worldwide. We fulfill the needs of our customers by creating an environment that promotes pride in workmanship, organizational efficiency, and a genuine desire to exceed customer expectations.
We are persistently focused on:
Communicating with our customers and providing what they need.
Partnering with customers, suppliers, and team members.
Maintaining a safe, clean, well-organized work environment
Promoting ownership through team member involvement, open communication, and opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
Maintaining financial stability, adding values to our products, and reducing unnecessary costs.
Apply for this job now.