SEMH Learning Support Assistant
Vision for Education is seeking an enthusiastic SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) Learning Support Assistant to join our successful supply teaching team, to work within an alternative provision in the Durham area.
£9.77 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience for this position is 4 weeks full time supporting young people or adults who have SEMH difficulties.
Working as part of an energetic team, the successful Learning Support Assistant will focus on delivering support to young people who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. This is a full-time position, working between the hours of 08:30 - 16:30, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will ideally have Team Teach Training however this is not essential. If applicants are successful, you will have access to this course free of charge.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will have:
- Experience supporting young people on a 1:1 basis and/or in small groups.
- Experience of providing support to young people who struggle to regulate their emotions.
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with young people and staff.
- A patient and caring approach when working with young people.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an Individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.