Ethos™Therapy Solutions, a rapidly growing specialty provider of medical equipment in the post-acute environment, has an immediate need for a Senior Level Technician Specialist.
This highly visible position within our organization will be responsible fordelivering, removing, testing, and repairing durable medical equipment for use in the home care and extended care environments. This position will require daily travel and the service area may extend 250+ miles.
Essential Responsibilities of the Technician Specialist:
- Schedules and completes deliveries and removals of durable medical equipment with patients, care givers, or facilities’ personnel
- Ensures compliance with safety and HIPPA regulations
- Inspects and tests medical and related equipment, following manufacturers’ specifications, using test and analysis instruments
- Examines medical equipment and the structural environment. Checks for proper use of equipment to protect patients and staff from electrical or mechanical hazards. Disassembles malfunctioning equipment and removes, repairs, and/or replaces defective parts.
- Keeps accurate records of maintenance, repair, and required updates of equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance or service such as cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting equipment
- Tests and calibrates components and equipment following manufacturers’ manuals and trouble-shooting techniques using hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices
- Explains and demonstrates correct operation and preventive maintenance of medical equipment to patients, care givers or facilities personnel
- Responsible for all general warehouse and vehicle maintenance upkeep
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Previous experience in healthcare industry a plus; post-acute (homecare/extended care) preferred
- Proficient with standard technology, smart phones, tablets, etc.
- Ability to work on-call
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in mechanical or electrical repair
- Associate’s degree in mechanical/electrical field preferred or related technical training or certification.
- Valid license in state of residence. Must be insurable at standard rates.
- Physically able to perform the responsibilities of the job (working with tools, sittings, standing for long periods of time, etc.)
- Ability to safety lift, move, or transport, 50-75 lbs. with and without physical aids, cartons, crates, pallets etc. within open and restricted areas
- Extensive day travel is required
Ethos™ Therapy Solutions is a premier provider of specialty equipment in the post-acute environment. We help clinicians to meet their treatment goals by offering product solutions to advance healing for patients with pressure injuries. Our resource teams provide guidance during every step of the process from referral through product placement, collaborating with all members of the health care team to help streamline the process and ensure optimal outcomes for the patient.
If you are looking to be part of a culture that demonstrates integrity, respect and genuine care for the patients we serve, please send your resume to: #removed#
Ethos™ Therapy Solutions offers competitive benefits: medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 9 company paid holidays.
Ethos™ Therapy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Role: Field Service Technician - Medical Equipment
Apply for this job now.