Vision for Education are delighted to be working in partnership with a highly reputable and dedicated organisation who have an exciting opportunity for a Student Engagement Mentor to join one of their specialist independent schools in Wigan.
About the role:
They specialise in teaching both KS3 and KS4 students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education for various reasons, including poor mental health. A Student Engagement Mentor will facilitate learning by assisting teaching staff by establishing a relationship with students, and also by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment. Applicants must be able to build relationships fast with students and support them to develop their personal and social skills whilst empowering them to fulfill their potential through a series of bespoke interventions.
- Assisting students to complete tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Support students in the classroom who are AEN/SEND, gifted and talented, LAC or who have other particular individual needs.
- Assist teachers in lessons to maintain pace, motivation and challenge.
- Lead on Breakfast Club and ensure that students are provided healthy breakfast options and conversation that helps prepare them for the day and identifies any potential barriers to learning that day.
Applicants must have:
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above or Level 2 Maths and English.
- Experience of working with young people aged 11-16 years old (any setting), ideally Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Ideally you will have experience of working with young people who present with challenging behaviours.
In return, they offer excellent benefits includng CPD opportunities and 30 days holiday, plus bank holidays. This is a permanent, full time post working 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday and salary is £16,467 - £20,450 depending on experience, qualifications and training.
Apply today for more details