We believe there is a better, less expensive, cleaner way for families to power their homes. As a pioneer of solar-as-a-service model, we are truly saving the planet, one solar panel at a time. We have long-established relationships with some of the nation’s largest and most trusted national retailers which provide us with a great platform for driving further awareness and brand recognition.
A career at Sunrun opens countless opportunities for you to sharpen your skills, push limits and uncover your potential. Sunrun services 23 states, with dual headquarters in San Francisco and Denver. Sunrun continues to rapidly expand as customer awareness and demand for solar increases. With this growth we have great career opportunities and upward mobility for highly motivated, success-minded Installation employees. Come join our exciting team at Sunrun!
Lead Installers work as a contributing team member with the Foreman and Installers to assemble, install, and complete residential solar installation projects. This position guides and coordinates the activities of fellow Installers on a daily basis.
Join nearly 4,000 and growing Sunrunners on our mission to Create a Planet Run by the Sun!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review inventory at loading dock to ensure assigned crew truck is stocked adequately
- Layout and assemble solar modules, mechanical and structural mounts, electrical equipment and tools in preparation of installation
- Apply weather sealing to roofing structure, building or support mechanisms
- Assemble the racking, solar modules, panels or support structures as specified in project plan
- Ensure a clean and orderly job site
- Perform project clean up including client site and installation vehicle
- Ensure personal, crew and job site safety at all times
- Participate in mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Lead crew through safe, effective and efficient installations
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and support to fellow crew members
- Additional duties assigned as needed
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- 1 year electrical and/or roofing experience desired
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prepare accurate documentation
- Ability to communicate with customers in courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work safely in a branch, warehouse, and rooftop environment
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements including a background check and drug screen
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as attics, basements, and crawl spaces which requires kneeling and crouching
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to: fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as ladders, fall protection harnesses and other personal protective equipment
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas of height
- Ability to work in the sun and possibly low light conditions
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles without damage
- Ability to distinguish colors such as red, black, yellow, white, green
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings
- Ability to work with chemicals using appropriate protections
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share this job on social media
Sunrun is the nation’s largest dedicated residential solar provider, creating low-cost energy solutions that bring sustainable power to the people. Customers can choose from service plans that allow them to pay only for power—not panels—because Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the entire system, letting homeowners receive a low, locked-in rate each month.
Role: Lead Installer
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.