Based in Northern, VA, Cyber Defense Technologies has opportunities for you to become part of our high-quality team that delivers innovative solutions to key federal clients. We are currently seeking a Data Scientist to oversee and manage complex, state of the art, new unique programs and projects related to information technology.
- Develop and presents issues, conclusions, and recommendations to senior leadership based on reviews and evaluations.
- Directs and conducts analysis of requirements pertaining to Agency programs and objectives.
- Examines policies to identify those affecting programs and determines approaches to resolving issues
- Identify problem areas, define the nature and scope of the problem and objectives sought.
- Work with a team to design, implement, and maintain new systems.
- Provide guidance to the customer on best-practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI and be able to pass a CI Poly.
- Approximately 10 years of experience in information systems development, focused on processing large volume, near-real time data feeds to meet data analytics and security requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of tools associated with multiple intelligence missions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems management, mathematics, engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of web services feeds
- Demonstrated work experience in architecting new system solutions using current technologies, as well as transitioning existing systems into modern technologies without negatively impacting operational and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience performing data assessment, data engineering, modeling and analytics to enable new methodologies for end user analysts, data scientists, etc.
- Demonstrated experience as a SME to prioritize and meet tactical and strategic requirements for frameworks and systems to process data.
- Demonstrated experience in information systems development across the IT lifecycle, with a focus on systems to perform high volume and velocity data processing on disparate data types/formats.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and delivering automated and scalable data process monitoring and data quality systems and processes.
- Must be a diverse thinker and be able to work in a large group setting.
- Write and edit technical documents and reports;
- Write, edit, and produce contents for contract deliverables: reports, training materials, presentation slides, letters, fact sheets, diagrams, and capability statements.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership.
- AWS, Atlassian Suite products like Jira/Confluence and AWS Cloud experience desired.
- Travel may be required both inside and outside the Washington National Capital Region (NCR).
Cyber Security firm based in Reston, Virginia. Serving Government and Commercial clients globally.
Role: Data Scientist
Apply for this job now.