MasonHub, Inc. is an innovative new provider of fulfillment technology and services founded in 2018 in Los Angeles. With an experienced management and technical team that understands the unique requirements of omnichannel fulfillment, our goal is to modernize the $100 billion 3PL industry with cutting-edge technology and unmatched hands-on service. MasonHub is backed by Canvas Ventures.
We built MasonHub from the ground up to support and scale with rising, omnichannel brands that prioritize the customer experience. Rather than force retailers to adapt to outmoded and inefficient software, MasonHub is uniquely engineered to optimize inventory management and shipping. Our clients include disruptive activewear retailer Carbon38, luxury size-inclusive ecommerce destination 11 Honoré, and health and wellness brand Vegamour.
We're here to improve the 3rd party distribution experience. Our goal is to provide better service, better technology, and, ultimately, a better company. So every action we take is with the end goal of providing an excellent experience for our customers. From the real estate we choose, to the technology we develop. As an Engineering Manager at MasonHub, you are responsible for leading and supporting a team of front-end and back-end engineers to design, build, and deliver reliable, distributed services and front-end applications. We can not and will not rest until we have delivered an experience that beats all others. From our documentation, to the reliability of our API's, to the speed at which our software can be updated. We will get it wrong from time to time and we may knowingly decide to worry about some things later...but we shall always endeavor to deliver greatness for ourselves, for our customers, for our team. We will learn together, fail together, and succeed together.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Thrive virtually - We are a distributed engineering team by design. A successful team member will thrive in a collaborative, but distributed, work environment. They are as comfortable expressing their ideas over a video call as they are in person and they are intrinsically motivated to do their best work.
- Plan the Roadmap - While we have our macro product goals, you'll work closely with the CTO, Head of Product and your team's product manager to crystallize those large goals into actionable projects.
- Design the Work - There is no set of instructions for what we're trying to do. Each of us is responsible for imagining a future and then designing the work necessary to get there. You'll be responsible for designing the incremental steps necessary to roll-out complex distributed systems.
- Support your Team - Above all, the manager's responsibility is to support their team, teach them the things they need to know, help them see the things they don't, and listen with humility.
- Write some code - Engineering Managers code at MasonHub. They may not always be in the critical path for a project, but they must have their hands in the code and understand what the systems their people work on.
- Test everything - There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you release code 20 times in one day with no regression. We write tests so we can go faster and release more often. You, and your team, will too.
- Release often - See something wrong, fix it, write a test, deploy to production. Have a new feature, write a test, deploy it. All day, any time of the day.
- Do it again - We are only as good as the last deploy, the last feature. We celebrate our wins, but we don't rest on our laurels.
- Take your turn as Red Hot - We get to build shiny new things, but we also have the honor of building a business. You'll take your turn as the Red Hot/On Call engineer from time to time. You'll fix bugs and help customers. We all do (including the CTO).
- Some Travel - While the engineering team is fully distributed, our software manages physical inventory, so visiting our Fulfillment Centers is a perk of the job, when safe to do so.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years experience delivering software that solves real problems reliably.
- 2+ years of managing engineers to deliver complete products.
- You learn fast - Sure there are patterns to follow, but almost every task is an opportunity to push ourselves to get better. If you wake up in the morning and hope to do better than you did yesterday, you'll fit right in.
- You are not afraid to execute and you're not afraid to ask for help - There is no space for anyone's ego on the team.
Nice, but not necessary skills
- Experience in fulfillment or logistics related fields would be great.
- Experience in Go. We'll teach you, but we also love being taught.
- A love affair with double entry ledgers.
- An ample dose of humility
- Equity in a fast growing start-up
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, vision, dental benefits
- A remote first and modern distributed engineering team
Powered by JazzHR