Technical Sales Manager
*Ability to speak Mandarin is required for this role*
- Basic Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
- Commission scheme
- Additional benefits
- Hampshire based
- APAC territory
Are you looking for an opportunity to join an evolving engineering business that can offer you long-term stability and an opportunity to excel, even in the current market? They are a leading designer and manufacturer of a cutting-edge range of material testing equipment. At the forefront of their industry, they are recognised as one of the most innovative and technically advanced manufacturers globally, with an exciting product launch on the horizon.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager, someone who has experience working within a scientific technical sector to grow their sales across the Asia Pacific region, the main growth is expected in China. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven sales professional who enjoys selling a technical solution. This is about personality over product knowledge, so you must be able to build rapport with both new and existing customers, face-to-face and via video calls. If you have a scientific or technical grounding, they will teach you the specific product knowledge.
The Role: International Area Sales Manager
The Territory Manager will be responsible for APAC, spending around 1 week every 6 weeks on patch (once travel is permitted). You will also be responsible for the following:
- Selling R&D equipment to end-users and through distributors across APAC, with a big focus on China.
- Support customers through quotation and customer calls and visits, whilst promoting the company's range of products
- Participate in trade seminars, conferences, exhibitions etc.
- Provide feedback to the company's product development department on customer equipment requirements
- Work from own initiative and experiences to complete tasks with minimal management
The Candidate: International Sales Manager
The successful candidate will consider themselves to have a track record in a sales or customer support role (applications, pre-sales etc.), and will also have:
- A background in material science, composites, physics or mechanical engineering.
- At least 3 years' experience in a customer facing role, with clear communication skills and ability to build rapport.
- Fluent in English and proficient in Mandarin.
- A proven track record of successfully working in a similar role.
To be commutable to the office you could live in or near one of the following locations: Romsey, Newbury, Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester, Basingstoke Portsmouth, Farnborough, Reading, Andover, Bath, and Eastleigh.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels from Board level down to Graduates, Engineering and Design Leadership right through to graduate Engineering and Manufacturing roles, as well as Technical Sales & Sales Leadership.
This is a superb opportunity for any Sales Manager looking to work for a reputable organisation.
Required skills • Composites • Material Science • Scientific • Solution Sales • Technical Sales