In this role you will provide comprehensive nursing care, perform duties under supervision of an RN and function as the Charge Nurse in the absence of Head Nurse or Assistant Head Nurse. Job Responsibilities: The Licensed Practical Nurse will primarily be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care while ensuring the proper flow of relevant information is communicated to appropriate personnel. In addition, the Licensed Practical Nurse will also maintain, update and work with electronic medical records and ensure that they are secure.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide treatment illnesses and injuries, defined by written protocol and approved by PCM Medical Director
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of inmates/patients and participate in the formulation of the plan of care
- Record, retrieve and file medical information in the inmate/patient medical record
- Performing daily medication passes to the population
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Using factual data and sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of a staff nurse
- This position provides a 2 week orientation period where you will be training on-the-job and shadowing with the nursing staff.
With the increase of social media, the way in which people search for jobs and employees has changed. However, one thing remains the same, it's all about networking and making connections. RL Nursing Solutions connects with employers to find highly qualified candidates to fill vacant healthcare positions. Let us connect you next career opportunity!
We are looking for travel nurses and other allied health professionals to fill various positions throughout the US. Currently, we have a need for travel nurses, physical therapist, occupational therapist, and speech therapist. Let us put you on the path to your next travel opportunity!
Not interested in traveling? We have permanent and temporary healthcare positions available. Let us find career opportunities in your area!
Role: Correctional LPN
Apply for this job now.