Length: 3 months
Rate: £11-14 per hour
Our client, a large organisation based in London in London is looking to appoint a Distribution Officer to join their team for a 3 initial month contract. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a dynamic supply chain team for a leading organisation. The role will be responsible for ensuring that various departments across the organisation have a continuous supply of goods in line with the organisation's materials control system:
- To receive stock, unpack and replenish cabinets, stores or store rooms in relevant departments whilst ensuring that stock rotation is carried out continuously
- To use a hand-held device to scan bar codes and order product lines to bring stock levels to agreed max stock levels, based on a top-up system as directed
- To ensure that deliveries are correct against the requisition and delivery notes, including unit of issue, investigate discrepancies and resolve queries
- Investigating stock discrepancies, problem solving, contacting suppliers and relaying information to the Supply Chain Manager
To assist the department managers with the promotion of product rationalisation and reduce stock holding
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Computer literate, possess a good standard of general education, including being numerically competent.
- Previous inventory management experience
- Customer services background and must be able to meet pre-set schedules and deal with queries efficiently
- Moderate physical activity will be required throughout this role so the ability to lift and unpack goods and stock shelves is necessary
If this describes you and you wish to expand your skill set to further your development please contact Robert Waugh or Joe Olenka by sending your updated CV to: #removed# or #removed#
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.