Job Title: Project Manager-LiDAR
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Ready to help develop cutting-edge new ADAS / active safety systems for the transportation world?
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and Safety Systems for the transportation industry (all the cool stuff that is appearing in cars - LiDAR, cameras / radar / DMS / smart cruise control, night vision, level 3/4 autonomy) is expanding rapidly and looking for engineering professionals who is a cut above for key roles on a new projects in their active safety group (LiDAR, radar, cameras, vision systems). Located in their global R&D center - this is TRUE advanced product development.
Flexible work hours, excellent comp plan, progressive management and culture - these are all the reasons why they are emerging as the global leader in advanced ADAS technologies.
The Company has ten technical centers in nine countries around the world, with 20 test tracks (more than any other automotive safety supplier) and double-digit growth - this company is the place to be!
What you'll do:
Lidar products for advanced safety features (ADAS) as well as autonomous driving applications (L3, L4). The project will require working with local/global cross-functional teams, sub-suppliers as well as OEMs to understand the needs and provide deliverables according to the milestones.
- Responsible for various components within the LIDAR development program
- Primary customer interface for all aspects of the project development
- Project Manager acts as the Project Team Lead from Project Kickoff through Launch:
- Commercial: Maintain or improve profitability from sourcing
- Timing: Lead Cross Functional Team in support of project milestones (Internal & Customer)
- Industrialization: Ensure manufacturing site is tooled to make new product according to project schedule
- Risk Mitigation & Issues Management
- Monitor risks and issues (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Financial)
- Mitigate risks, resolve issues with support from the Cross Functional Team
- Escalate and focus management attention as needed
- Manage the project team and deliverables according to Product Development System (APQP):
- Project Planning
- Concept Definition
- Product and Process Development
- Product and Process Validation
- Product Launch
- Schedule and coordinate Cross Functional Team meetings
- Ensure company standards are respected in the development process
- Own & update list of open points for supplier, internal and customer meetings & facilitate completion of tasks
- Facilitate with plant Quality team the project APQP plan
What you'll bring:
- Must have minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree preferred
- Must have minimum 10 years industry experience and 3 years Project Management Experience
- Customer focus: Understand customer needs and ensure deliverables meet customer expectations
- Leadership: Strong leadership qualities and ability to lead a large team
- Teamwork: Engage & inspire others; drive collaboration
- Build trust: Honest, transparent and reliable
- Project Management experience (MS Project or equivalent skills are a must)
- Strong understanding of product development process
- Manufacturing & quality experience in automotive industry
- Electronics experience preferred
- Ford knowledge preferred
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Role: Project Manager - LiDAR
Apply for this job now.