Are you looking for a challenging new role supporting the academic and social development of children with SEN?
Teaching Personnel are offering the successful candidate the chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with SEN. The position is a Learning Support Assistant in the Wigan area. This would be working with children aged 11-19 years at a school that facilitates for SEN, such as ASC, PMLD and SLD.
The position is temporary but with the opportunity to become permanent if the school decides you would be a good fit.
Pay would start at £10 per hour with working hours being from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Engaging students when distracted from their learning
- Assisting the execution of tailored lesson plans
- Reporting back on behaviour to promote best practice
- 1:1 work ensuring pupils stay on track with the curriculum
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience supporting wellbeing of children with SEN
- A calm and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What Teaching Personnel can provide:
- 24 years industry experience placing staff at schools
- Access to our discounted CPD academy
- An online diary so you can track and manage your workload
All of our candidates are subject to reference and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks before being placed at a school.
If you believe you fit this criteria, please get in touch with us by emailing #removed# or phoning #removed#