Leading wholesale distributor is looking to engage with a dynamic strategic consultative sales executive who is experienced and resourceful in B2B sales; providing customized system solutions to various industries in assigned markets (Ithaca, Syracuse & Utica, NY). Successful candidate will be instrumental in the development of the sales process and be able to identify and implement growth opportunities for new customers. We seek individuals with a proven solid track record of creating long-term value and creative solutions. If you have a “hunter” attitude and understand how to cultivate and leverage real data and capitalize on business trends and opportunities; YOU are exactly who will fit into this organization.
· Must be able to work with an exceptional internal team and company executives.
· Oversee the sales process to attract new clients.
· Work with senior team members to identify and manage risks.
· Research and identify new market opportunities.
· Foster a collaborative environment within the company.
· Understanding of bid/proposal process (RFP, RFQ, RFI etc.).
· Identify new product opportunities through the utilization of a variety of tools.
· Create and complete internal reports and conduct on premise surveys.
· Travel throughout an assigned territory to sell and represent the company to clients.
· Educate and demonstrate products, provide information and product collateral, answer questions, and secure sales.
· Market company’s products and cultivate relationships with prospects to obtain new business.
· Identify and recommend substitute products for customers to fit their needs.
· Organize sales tools and reviewing sales and financial reports.
· Prepare schedules for upcoming week based on a predetermined call frequency schedule and to capitalize on new business opportunities.
· Improve product knowledge and develop marketing/sales techniques by reading professional journals, attending seminars, etc.
· Network and represent the company at various trade shows, conferences and meetings.
· Customer Centric and ability to solve the changing needs of clients and their culture.
· Ability to manage a diverse team in an evolving industry landscape and to maintain and be ahead of industry trends.
· High math aptitude necessary.
· Excellent leadership and communication skills.
· High attention to detail with a focus on fact-based decision making.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
· Possession of and ability to maintain a valid driver’s license to travel throughout assigned territory.
· Five years of proven successful sales experience is required. Must possess strong verbal communication skills.
· Must be proficient working in a Windows environment, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and CRM.
For consideration submit resume with salary requirements with an emphasis on documenting a proven track record of sales success. Direct hire, with a competitive base salary plus bonuses based on performance. Comprehensive benefits package included with car allowance and travel expense reimbursement.
Role: Distributor Sales Executive
Apply for this job now.