Seafreight Import Operator - Manchester - VR/21241
The Company & Role:
We are currently seeking a Seafreight Import Operator for our Freight Forwarding client based in Manchester, to provide a high level of customer service to their clients and handle start to finish operations. Predominately imports but there will also be a small amount of export work.
Responsibilities of the Import Operator:
Chasing customs clearance documents from customers prior to vessel arrival
- Answering email queries in a timely manner
- Collecting all the correct documentation prior to release/delivery of cargo
- Arranging haulage with shipping lines/haulers
- Ensuring shipments are rated and invoiced correctly
- Negotiating and agreeing haulage prices with suppliers
- Completing customer and supplier spreadsheets
- Securing payment cleared funds for duty/vat invoices prior to release/delivery of cargo
- Processing supplier invoices
- Resolving any customers queries or complaints
- Filing and archiving job files once they are complete
Skills and Experience Required of the Import Operator:
- Previous experience in general Seafrieight imports
- Airfreight experience would be an advantage
- IT Literate - Excel and Word are essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
Salary: Up to 28k depending on experience
To apply for the postion of Seafreight Import Operator, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at #removed# quoting reference; VR/21241.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.