Permit Supervisor - OSP Fiber Design
The Permit Supervisor OSP Fiber Design performs quality reviews of Outside Plant Engineering City/State Agency Permit Packages. This individual must have a thorough understanding of the permit processes as well as the requirements and time intervals for successfully submitting and gaining approval for needed Permits covering the construction of new telecommunications facilities with City / State R/W’s. This includes the ability to secure needed records from the appropriate authority for use in the development of new Permit requests. Works with a team of engineers to produce fiber permit drawings using knowledge and application of jurisdictional requirements and basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments. Candidates must be able to work with the various Agencies to obtain timely approvals for each requested Permit. Experience with MS Office and advanced keyboarding skills are a must.
The successful candidate must meet a majority of the knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience requirements outlined below.
· Experience with telecommunication projects.
Create and maintain processes and checklists to be used for permit package creation and submission.
Review and update permit status, GIS, and client trackers as required
· Review developed Permit packages to evaluate constructability and acceptance by governing Agencies.
· Maintain full knowledge of the scope for each Permit as it is processed and be able to discuss with reviewing authority at their request and convenience.
· Experience with producing and reviewing of Traffic Control Plans (TCP) and making sure that all meet required deliverables for approval.
Experience with producing and reviewing construction drawing and traffic control drawing.
· Able to read and understand highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing utilities or facilities and determine acceptable routes for new facilities.
GIS and AutoCAD experience is a plus.
Track production run rates for use with staffing levels and performance reviews
· Work well with teams
· Be skilled in multi-tasking with strong attention to detail
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to problem solve
· At least 3 years of OSP and Permit experience
· Excellent oral /Written Communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent follow up skills
· Ability to create and maintain standards for the development of Permits in multiple jurisdictions.
GW Communications is a communications services company that was established in 2005. In its early days, GW's primary focus was engineering and design of FTTx network deployments for large telecommunications providers. Over time, GW has grown its suite of services to include: Network Design and Engineering, Network Construction and Management, Network Planning and strategic GIS analysis, Network Equipment Installation, Configuration, and Testing, Network Equipment Site Civil Works including site acquisition, preparation, and construction, Site Maintenance and Management, Site Maintenance and Management consulting services, Staff Augmentation, and Data Center building inter-connects.
Role: Permit Supervisor
Apply for this job now.