We are searching for an enthusiastic and talented individual to fill a Commercial Underwriting position with a commercial insurance brokerage company located in Little Rock, AR.
The Commercial Underwriter will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating both new and existing exposures with the authority to accept, modify, or reject applications and changes to policies. Employees in this position should make appropriate decisions concerning any submitted policy changes, handle re-writes, audits and/or renewals for existing business, and review and monitor the account for appropriate loss histories. Employees shall also be responsible for learning and working within the guidelines determined by the Company and within the appropriate regulations determined by the applicable Insurance Department(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determining proper risk selection, policy classification, and rating.
- Developing an understanding and interpretation of policy contracts.
- Review of new applications, changes, audits, re-writes, and renewals to verify compliance with Underwriting guidelines and standards. Initiates issuance, modifications, cancellations, or non-renewals for new and existing business.
- Exhibit consistent underwriting of the various risks reviewed and appropriately applying judgment when necessary.
- Appropriately document and maintain underwriting files.
- Written and verbal correspondence with individuals inside and outside of the Company.
- Participation in underwriting related projects, committees, and other special assignments as requested by management.
- Displays a professional appearance and attitude.
- Possesses strong organizational skills with prioritization of responsibilities to accomplish tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to problem solve, possessing decision-making skills, and with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer and Internet skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite programs and Internet programs with the willingness to learn any appropriate underwriting or Company specific programs.
- Willingness to obtain any requested continued education certifications or licenses within the time frame set forth by the Company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
APEX Staffing was built on the promise of being a different kind of staffing agency. No terrible temp work, no cold shoulders, and no unanswered phone calls: We serve as a hands-on, trusted partner with both our employer clients and job candidates, allowing us to build professional relationships while helping individuals discover the perfect role.
By listening carefully to the needs of our clients and getting to know our candidates, we better understand what companies are looking for and what our candidates do best. In doing so, we bring together top talent for Central Arkansas' leading companies to create staffing solutions that go beyond the call of your typical staffing agency!
Role: Commercial Underwriter
Location: Little Rock,
Apply for this job now.